One of the great tragedies in much of western Christianity is the misconception that ‘church’ is an ornate building or a service to be attended, rather than the community of God’s people, saved by His grace. By definition, then, to be a member of the church is to be a participant in the life of God, with the people of God, made possible by the grace of God…
Viewed in this light, our participation in the life of the church is not an option, or the prerogative of a privileged few, but the call and responsibility of every person redeemed through the work of Christ on the cross. Having been purchased by God, we have the awesome privilege of offering all that we are and have to him for his glory.
- fine work by 2 of the Stephens boys twitter.com/jjent_stephens… 1 week ago
- RT @TGCArizona: RT for a shot to WIN THIS BUNDLE thanks to Baker Books! #helpmefollowjesus And join us next week: ow.ly/OQ0730bWCRr… 3 weeks ago
- So, am I the last SBC pastor on the planet that hasn't tried or received in the mail the new @CSBible? #partialjoke 1 month ago
- RT @TGC_IO: Targeting Bible Illiteracy in ‘Christian-ish’ Kenya. thegspl.co/2dsv0py #PackingHope https://t.co/2wPnYhqQDP 1 month ago
- RT @TozerAW: "As God is exalted to the right place in our lives, a thousand problems are solved all at once." AW Tozer #tozer 1 month ago