One of the great tragedies in much of western Christianity is the misconception that ‘church’ is an ornate building or a service to be attended, rather than the community of God’s people, saved by His grace. By definition, then, to be a member of the church is to be a participant in the life of God, with the people of God, made possible by the grace of God…
Viewed in this light, our participation in the life of the church is not an option, or the prerogative of a privileged few, but the call and responsibility of every person redeemed through the work of Christ on the cross. Having been purchased by God, we have the awesome privilege of offering all that we are and have to him for his glory.
- @PSTR_JNewton @shaneandshane It's a good calling... Press on, brother 5 days ago
- Wednesday = sermon writing = @shaneandshane for the playlist. #worsipwhileworking 5 days ago
- RT @brad_merchant: Five signs that God is at work: 1. Jesus is exalted. 2. Satan's interests are attacked. 3. The Bible is honored. 4.… 2 weeks ago
- Make plans now to join me bmbcaz for Easter! @ Cave Creek, Arizona instagram.com/p/Bfwrmy2glr_p… 2 weeks ago
- @howardbriank is giving away two year long memberships to pastorguide.com for free! Help me win by entering… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago