One of the great tragedies in much of western Christianity is the misconception that ‘church’ is an ornate building or a service to be attended, rather than the community of God’s people, saved by His grace. By definition, then, to be a member of the church is to be a participant in the life of God, with the people of God, made possible by the grace of God…
Viewed in this light, our participation in the life of the church is not an option, or the prerogative of a privileged few, but the call and responsibility of every person redeemed through the work of Christ on the cross. Having been purchased by God, we have the awesome privilege of offering all that we are and have to him for his glory.
- RT @hbcharlesjr: I really only love God as much as the person I love the least. - Dorothy Day 3 days ago
- RT @TozerAW: "It is Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ alone, who makes sense out of everything in this world." AW Tozer #tozer 6 days ago
- yes sir! Merry Christmas, y'all twitter.com/deray/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @MattSmethurst: Because I make my living as a university professor and philosopher I am frequently asked, in so many words, “Why do you… 1 week ago
- RT @LigonDuncan: The motto for public worship in our local churches ought to be: "Read the Bible, preach the Bible, pray the Bible, sing th… 1 week ago