I saw more clearly than ever that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not how much I might serve the Lord, or how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished . . . Now what is the food for for the inner-man? Notprayer but, the Word of God.
- RT @hbcharlesjr: I really only love God as much as the person I love the least. - Dorothy Day 3 days ago
- RT @TozerAW: "It is Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ alone, who makes sense out of everything in this world." AW Tozer #tozer 6 days ago
- yes sir! Merry Christmas, y'all twitter.com/deray/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @MattSmethurst: Because I make my living as a university professor and philosopher I am frequently asked, in so many words, “Why do you… 1 week ago
- RT @LigonDuncan: The motto for public worship in our local churches ought to be: "Read the Bible, preach the Bible, pray the Bible, sing th… 1 week ago