In light of the challenge on Sunday of “forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” consider & discuss the following questions:
- What areas of your life are you content with your current level of personal holiness? (You know sin remains for but some reason you are not making it a priority to fight against)
- What areas of sin are you “aggressively, energetically, dilligently” fighting against? (This reveals evidence of grace in your life)
- How can you structure your family time so as to foster “pressing on” to maturity?
- Who will you meet with this week to discuss areas of your life you need to let go of (“forgetting what lies behind”)? This process is usually not successful when attempted in isolation. Remember, “change is a community project.”
- Why do you work so hard? What is the end you have in mind for all the work you perform? The answer to these questions reveals your “prize” in life.