The idea behind “Fellowship Starters” is asking questions that will cultivate fellowship with in our homes and with our church family. So, please take some time and discuss these as you gather this week:
- Are there any specific ways – family, work, our local church – where you have neglected to care for orphans?
- Are you aware of any need in our community that your family & our church could serve and meet the needs of children?
- Where is sacrifice needed in your lifestyle that can result in caring for orphans?
- What in your lifestyle is off-limits to the degree that will not let go of so that you can care for orphans – food, clothing, vehicle, educational aspirations, certain technological devices (cell phone, internet, TV, etc.)?
I know some of these questions may be difficult to answer honestly but please remember:
- The world is full of “fleeting pleasures” while in Christ we find “pleasures forevermore” (Heb 11:25; Ps 16:11).
- “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Cor 12:9).